Support FAQ’s For Vizual works

How much fees would a client pay after their project is accepted to be completed?

After a client’s project is accepted by a freelancer to be completed there is a standard and required 3% fee assessed to the customer for using ViZualworks.com.

How much fees would a freelancer pay after accepting a project?

After a freelancer accepts to complete a project an 8% fee is assessd to the freelancer for using ViZualworks.com.

What is featured feature?

By making your project a featured project, Client will attract the best freelancers with the best ratings. Freelancers with a below average ratings will not be able to apply a featured project. For only $19.99usd, you the client will be able to acquire a top valued freelancer.

What is Urgent feature?

By marking your project urgent, this provides you with an exceptional response time from freelancers and shows the urgency of completing such a project. For only 4.99 usd you can implement this feature.

What is priority feature?

By selecting Priority feature as an applicant, your application will be displayed to employers/ clients ahead of all other applicants. 

What is recruiter service?

A recruiter serves as a liaison between the artist and the freelancer. This option is excellent. The feature allows a recruiter to find you the right freelancer for a client based on the client's needs. Another great option about this feature is that the client will not be charged a fee of $19.99usd until a recruiter finds and recommends the right freelancer to the client.

What types of products can I upload for sale on Vizualworks.com?

Media products such as 3D Models, website templates, Texture Maps, Materials & Shaders, Motion Capture, Plugins & CG Scripts, Tutorials, Shapes & Vector Graphics, Game Levels and General Media. We support all file formats and all types of media.

How much does it cost me to put my work on Vizual Works.com?

Nothing. Uploading your work is free.

How do I publish products?

Before you will be allowed to publish a model, you must first complete your payment information.  To access your payment information, go to the my Account which can be found at dropdown menu.

Preparing your products for upload

In order to optimize your sales, it is important to understand the information that customers require to choose the right products for their projects. 

How do I access Publisher?

Click on the drop down menu on the main page. Choose publisher.

We suggest that you provide as many preview images as possible. This will help sell your items.

To add thumbnails:

Go to the presentation images tab and click on upload thumbnails.

Once you have uploaded your presentation images, you can re-order your thumbnails.

Signature Images

The Signature Image for your 3D model is its biggest advertisement.  Choose good signature picture so that customers will click and evaluate your product.

*Note: You will want your preview images to reflect what the model will look like when rendered.

How do I get paid? What do I need to do?

Account balances are paid monthly in full within 12 days of the end of the month.  If the 12th is a weekend or a holiday, you will be paid on the next business day. Payment through PayPal are the only payment methods at this time.


For Royalty: payment will be issued when minimun amount owed to Artist is 100USD. Remember, all fees and witholdings will be deducted accordingly before payment is made. 

What about withdrawals for projects which I did for clients on website as a freelancer? 

There should be a minimum of 100USD before a user can withdraw money.


If you change your payment information on or after the first day of the payment month, you will not be paid until the following payment cycle.

Choosing a payment method

Currently our choices for receiving payments:


To recieve your payments via PayPal, please be sure that the payment email address you provide is the same email address that is linked to the PayPal account.  If a payment is returned due to an invalid PayPal address, your member account(s) will be placed on hold until this information is corrected.

IMPORTANT: If payments or tax documents are returned due to any type of insufficient or invalid account information, PayPal address, your payments will be withheld until the next payment cycle or until the account has been properly updated by the Accounting Department.

I am a non-US resident.  What do I need to do to get paid?

If you are a non-US resident, you must choose a documentation status in order to be paid.  Non-US residents are subject to a 30% tax withholding rate only for purchases made by customers who are located in the United States. However, if you are a resident of a country that has a tax treaty with the United States, you may be eligible for a reduced withholding rate. 

There are three choices for documentation status: Full Documentation status, Basic Documentation status, and No Documentation status.  The status you choose will determine which tax withholding rate will be applied to your payments. Please review these statuses below to determine which best fits your circumstances.


In order to be compliant and receive your country's tax treaty rate on U.S. sales, you must submit to Vizual Works the documents listed below. Please note that we must receive these by mail.  We are required to have originals on file, so we cannot accept faxed, emailed, or any other digitally-submitted documentation.  Documentation can be mailed to:

ViZual Works, LLC.

ATTN: Accounting

940 englewood ave 12

Kenmore, NY 14223

 Once we receive proper documentation in the mail, we will update your account so that you can start receiving royalties at your country's treaty rate.  Be sure to include your account number or login name so that we can locate your account.

If you choose Full Documentation status while you are waiting for your documentation, we will not be able to pay you.  If you wish to continue to get paid until you submit your documentation, choose Basic or No Documentation status.  If you choose either of these statuses, you will be subject to a 30% withholding rate.  Once you have mailed all of your documents, freelancer will review and update your account in order for it to reflect your treaty rate. 

If you do not wish to be paid while you are waiting for your documentation, we will hold your payments until we receive the required documentation.  We can hold your payments as long as you submit your documentation within the same calendar year.  Those held payments will be paid at your country’s treaty rate once you are compliant.

Required documentation for Full Documentation status:

Original W8 fully completed, including section 10.  This form can be obtained here.

Copy of IRS letter, showing ITIN/EIN or copy of U.S.-issued Social Security Number

If you cannot provide any of the documents listed above, please choose No Documentation status.

How do I close my account?

In event that you want to close your account, reach out to customer service and your account will be closed. We do not delete accounts, but we will never contact you for any reason if you have opted out of our newsletters.  Additionally, we do not share our member information with any third-party companies.



You can choose Basic status if any of the following apply to you:

You live in a non-tax treaty country.  This means you do not qualify for any treaty rate.

You do not have a U.S.-issued Social Security Number or ITIN/EIN or

You have applied for an ITIN/EIN and wish to be paid while you are waiting.

You do not wish to apply for a U.S.-issued Social Security Number or ITIN/EIN

Please keep in mind that under this status, U.S. sales will be subject to the maximum withholding of 30%.


Required documentation for Basic Documentation status:


W8 fully completed, including section 10.  This form can be obtained at the IRS website.

Unlike Full Documentation, we can accept documentation submitted via email. contact@vizualworks.com



You should choose this status if any of the following apply to you:

You live in a non-tax treaty country.  This means you do not qualify for a treaty rate.

You do not have a U.S.-issued Social Security Number or ITIN/EIN or

You have applied for an ITIN/EIN and wish to be paid while you are waiting.

You do not wish to apply for a U.S.-issued Social Security Number or ITIN/EIN

Please keep in mind that under this status, U.S. sales will be subject to the maximum withholding of 30%

What is Vizual Works’s Withholding Policy for artists from tax treaty countries?

Vizual Works’s abides by the U.S. tax regulations that govern U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) withholding regulations for payments to our non-U.S. artists (those considered "Non-Resident Aliens" according to IRS code). As a result of this analysis, we are clarifying our tax withholding policy regarding artists in countries with which the United States has tax treaty agreements.

In order to be fully compliant with U.S. tax regulations, the IRS requires that all Non-Resident Alien (NRA) artists who wish to enjoy tax treaty benefits have a U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number. Individuals who wish to enjoy these benefits will need an Individual Tax Identification Number, (ITIN), while foreign entities that are not individuals (such as foreign corporations and foreign partnerships) will need an Employer Identification number (EIN) on file with Vizual Works. Those who do not have such a number on file will be subject to the IRS statutory rate of 30% withholding on their U.S.-Source income. Foreign Source Income is not subject to tax withholding.

We believe that this interpretation allows us to be in full compliance with U.S. tax law. Just to be clear: Vizual Works receives no benefit from this policy, and our only interest is in helping affected artists to file the appropriate documentation.

For Foreign Artists, which sales are subject to the 30% tax withholding?

Withholding covers a tax due on your  Income.

You are subject to a 30% withholding rate (unless you are eligible for tax treaty benefit) only on your US Source Income. Generally speaking, this would apply to your sales proceeds attributable to buyers located in the United States and planning on using the models in the U.S.

An example of U.S. Source income might include the sale of a digitized product for use in the United States that was created and sold by a Non-Resident Alien (NRA). You can find a thorough explanation of income sourcing at the United States IRS website.

Where can I find out more about the U.S. Tax Treaty with my Country?

You can view the full Treaties by Country at the IRS website: http://www.irs.gov/businesses/international/article/0,,id=96739,00.html


Treaty Country  Treaty Article     Treaty Rate                           Treaty Link                                              

Armenia                3                           0%                      http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/ussr.pdf 

Australia               12                         10%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/aus.pdf 

Austria                  12                          0%                     http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/austria.pdf

Azerbaijan             3                           0%                     http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/ussr.pdf

Bangladesh         12                          10%                    http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/tax-policy/treaties/Documents/js1959_bangladeshtreaty.pdf

Barbados             12                           5%                     http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/barbados.pdf

Belarus                 3                            0%                     http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/ussr.pdf

Belgium               12                           0%                     http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/belgium.pdf

Bulgaria               12                           5%                     http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/tax-policy/treaties/Documents/Bulgar07.pdf

Canada                12                           0%                     http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/canada.pdf

China                   11                          10%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/china.pdf

Cyprus                 14                           0%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/cyprus.pdf

Czech Republic   12                           0%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/czech.pdf

Denmark              12                           0%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/denmark2.pdf

Egypt                    13                         15%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/egypt.pdf

Estonia                 12                         10%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/estonia.pdf

Finland                 12                          0%                     http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/finland.pdf

France                  12                         0%                     http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/france.pdf

Georgia                 3                           0%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/ussr.pdf

Germany              12                          0%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/germany.pdf

Greece                 7                            0%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/greece.pdf

Hungary               11                           0%                   http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/hungary.pdf

Iceland                 14                          0%                   http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/iceland.pdf

India                     12                         15%                  http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/india.pdf

Indonesia             13                         10%                   http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/indo.pdf

Ireland                  12                          0%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/ireland.pdf

Israel                    14                         10%                   http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/israel.pdf

Italy                      12                           5%                  http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/italy.pdf

Jamaica                12                        10%                   http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/jamaica.pdf

Japan                    12                        0%                     http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/tax-policy/treaties/Documents/japantreaty.pdf

Kazakhstan           12                       10%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/kazakh.pdf 

Korea                     14                     10%                      http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/korea.pdf

Kyrgyzstan               3                     0%                        http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/ussr.pdf

Latvia                      12                    10%                     http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/latvia.pdf

Lithuania                 12                     10%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/lith.pdf

Luxembourg            13                     0%                     http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/luxemnewweb.pdf

Malta                       12                    10%                    http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/tax-policy/treaties/Documents/usmalta%20agreement.pdf

Mexico                     12                    10%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/mexico.pdf

Moldova                   3                       0%                     http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/ussr.pdf

Morocco                  12                     10%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/morocco.pdf

Netherlands             13                      0%                    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/nether.pdf

New Zealand           12                       5%                   http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/newzld.pdf

Norway                     10                      0%                   http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/norway.pdf

Pakistan                    8                       0%                   http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/pakistan.pdf  

Philippines                13                     15%                  http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/philip.pdf

Poland                      13                     10%                   http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/poland.pdf

Portugal                    13                     10%                   http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/portugal.pdf

Romania                   12                     10%                   http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/romania.pdf

Russia                       12                      0%                   http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/russia.pdf

Slovak Republic        12                      0%                   http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/slovak.pdf

Slovenia                    12                      5%                   http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/sloveniaweb.pdf

South Africa               12                      0%                  http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/safrica.pdf

Spain                         12                      5%                  http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/spain.pdf

Sri Lanka                   12                    10%                  http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/tax-policy/treaties/Documents/tesrlanka04.pdf

Sweden                      12                     0%                  http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/sweden.pdf

Switzerland                12                      0%                 http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/swiss.pdf

Tajikistan                    3                        0%                 http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/ussr.pdf

Thailand                    12                       5%                 http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/thailand.pdf

Trinidad  & Tobago    14                       0%                 http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/trinidad.pdf

Tunisia                       12                      15%                http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/tunisia.pdf

Turkey                        12                      10%                http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/turkey.pdf

Turkmenistan              3                        0%                 http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/ussr.pdf

Ukraine                      12                      10%                http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/ukrain.pdf

United Kingdom         12                       0%                 http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/uk.pdf

Uzbekistan                  3                       0%                  http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/ussr.pdf

Venezuela                  12                     10%                http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/venezu.pd


Why do Foreign Artists need ITINs (Individual Tax Identification Number)?

In brief, we have conducted a thorough analysis of the U.S. Tax Code, and believe that it is our obligation to ensure that each of our non-U.S. artists has proper ITIN documentation in order to extend treaty benefits to them. A more comprehensive, and technical, explanation of our reasoning follows:

Our analysis of non-resident alien (NRA) withholding requirements under the U.S. code obligates us, as a party to the process by which payments are made between buyers and sellers of our products, to withhold monies from sellers and deposit these monies with the IRS in satisfaction of potential U.S. income tax obligations. The provisions of the Tax Code could be interpreted to characterize the nature of ViZual Works' payments to our NRA sellers for their U.S. Source income, as that term is defined in the Code. As a payer of royalties to an NRA, ViZual work could be characterized as a Withholding Agent under the Code and could be held liable for the unpaid tax obligations of its NRA sellers, as could the NRA sellers themselves.

Again, we sympathize with any of our artists who are annoyed about having to go through this process in order to enjoy tax-reduced or tax-exempt status. Vizual Works has always had similar withholding and documentary requirements for its U.S based artists; we are simply applying the same standard to our international sellers. Again, we are only trying to ensure that we are properly withholding on the seller's behalf.

How much will it cost me if I am a Foreign Artist and I don't turn in an ITIN?

That would depend on the source of your sales—specifically, how much of your income results from U.S. sources. Just to provide a rough idea: Say, for example, you had $1000 in sales. $500 was U.S. Source, and $500 was foreign Source. In this scenario, $500 of U.S. source will be subjected to 30% (on $1000 in sales) U.S. tax withholding, which would cost you $150. However you will be charged 0% with an ITIN in place (assuming your tax treaty rate was 0%).

If you choose not to get an ITIN, you will be subject to the maximum withholding of 30%.

How do I get an ITIN?

How to file for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service

Please Note: In order for Vizual Works to properly make payments to a foreign entity, we must have on file an IRS Form W-8BEN. As part of the W-8BEN filing, an individual applicant will be asked for a Taxpayer Identification Number, such as an ITIN. This number is required in order to allow Vizual works to establish the proper tax withholding rate for a foreign individual resident in a country with which the United States has a tax treaty that outlines a withholding rate that is less than the statutorily governed 30%.

First of all, you will not need an ITIN if you have, ever have had or are eligible for a U.S. Social Security Number (SSN). There are several possible ways in which a non-resident alien (NRA) may have received or be eligible for a U.S. SSN, including:

If you were ever issued a valid employment authorization through the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).

If you have ever resided in the United States as a student under a valid F1/J1/Q1/M1 Visa (the standard visas issued to students, teachers, researchers, and scholars, respectively)

If you think you may have, or be eligible for, a social security number, consult the website of the United States Social Security Administration.

If you do not have, or are not qualified for a U.S. Social Security Number, here are the steps you must follow in order to apply for an ITIN:

First of all, you must have proper documentation. If you can provide an original, valid (current) passport or a notarized or certified copy of your passport, that will be sufficient documentation for obtaining an ITIN. We have provided details on obtaining an acceptable notarized or certified copy of your passport below.

Download a W-7 form, which includes the instructions for filling out that form.

On the W-7 form, under "Reason for Application", check box "a". Also, check box "h", and write in "Exception 1" in the blank space beside the box (this allows you to submit the form without also submitting a tax return).  You also need to indicate the tax treaty country of which you are a resident and write that country's name next to Box h. You should also reference the tax treaty article that you believe governs the payments being made to you.

Completely fill in the "Personal Information" section of the form, ensuring that the information you write matches exactly with the information on the "supporting documents" that you are submitting along with your application. Details on this issue can be found below.

It is very important that you fill in all line items completely, as the IRS will reject any ITIN requests based on incomplete forms. For a guide to avoiding common mistakes, see below.

Sign your completed form W-7. However, if the seller is under 14 years of age, a delegate (parent or court-appointed guardian) can sign for him or her. Details on signing for minors can be found below.

Submit your completed W-7 form, along with your supporting documentation, in one of three ways, described in detail below: by mail, in person, or through an IRS acceptance agent.

Obtaining a notarized or certified copy of your passport.

If you submit a copy of your passport, it must be either certified by the original issuing agency or official custodian of the original record; or, you may submit a notarized copy of your passport. You may obtain a certified copy of your passport through the government agency in the country of issuance or you may have a copy of your passport notarized by a U.S. Notary Public legally authorized to provide such certification in his jurisdiction. In order to do this, a Notary Public would have to see the original, unaltered passport and verify that the copy conforms to the original. Overseas U.S. notaries public are available at U.S. embassies and consulates around the world. There is a fee of USD $30.00 for this service. Click here for additional help.

If you are submitting multiple documents

As an alternative to providing original/certified copy/notarized copy of your passport, you may also submit any two of the following documents, also in either original or certified/notarized form:

National identification card (must show photo, name, current address, date of birth, and expiration date).

U.S. driver's license.

Civil birth certificate.

Foreign driver's license.

U.S. state identification card.

Foreign voter's registration card.

U.S. military identification card.

Foreign military identification card.

U.S. visa issued by the U.S. Department of State.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) photo identification.

Medical records.

School records.

These documents are only valid for dependents under age 14 (under age 18 if a student) and can be used to establish foreign status only if they are foreign documents.

The process by which copies of the above documents can be certified or notarized is the same as that outlined in the section above dealing with copies of passports.

Please note: Based on the IRS's instructions, we believe that the above documentation covers the IRS's requirements. However, our advisors have suggested that applicants may also be required to include documentation attesting to their status as a vendor on our website, and confirming that you are applying for an ITIN to qualify for tax treaty benefits to which you are entitled. If you wish to include a letter of this kind (and we recommend that you do), please contact us and provide you with a written letter.

Filling in the "Personal Information" section

Completely fill in the personal information section of the form, making sure that the information provided on the form exactly matches the information contained in the required documentation that you are required to submit. For example, if your passport is issued to you using your first, middle, and last name, you must fill in the same information, in the same way, on the application.


Explanation for creating an "Exception 1" under "Reason for Application"

IRS instructions indicate that the Form W-7 should be submitted as an attachment to a tax return you are filing with the IRS. This is NOT required for those persons making an application for an ITIN for the purpose of qualifying for Tax Treaty benefits. By checking Box a and Box h, you are confirming that you are seeking Tax Treaty Benefits. Remember to include the exemption number, treaty country and tax treaty article here as well.

Potential Problems in Filling in Your W-7 Form

There are certain areas where the W-7 form can become confusing. We have tried below to address some of the most common areas of difficulty.

In completing the form, it is most important that you fill in all line items completely. Incomplete forms will cause the request for an ITIN to be rejected by the IRS. Specifically, you must enter your complete foreign address in the country where you permanently or normally reside if it is different from the address on line 2. If you no longer have a permanent residence, due to your relocation into the United States, enter only the foreign country where you last resided on line 3. If you are claiming a benefit under an income tax treaty with the United States, line 3 must show the treaty country.

In addition, if your country of residence for tax purposes has issued you a tax identification number, enter that number on line 6b. For example, if you are a resident of Canada, enter your Canadian Social Insurance Number. Furthermore, you must check the box indicating the type of document(s) you are submitting for identification. You must submit documents as explained in item (3) under How to Apply on page 2. Enter the name of the state or country or other issuer, the identification number (if any) appearing on the document(s), the expiration date, and the date on which you entered the United States. Dates must be entered in the month/day/year format.

Parent or Guardian Signing for Minor

If the applicant is a minor under 14 years of age, a delegate (parent or court-appointed guardian) can sign for him or her. In these cases, the parent or guardian should type or print the delegate's name in the space provided, and check the appropriate box that indicates his or her relationship to the applicant. If the delegate is signing as a court-appointed guardian, attach a copy of the court-appointment papers showing the legal guardianship.

Submitting your ITIN application by mail

Your completed application and required documentation should be sent to the following address:

Internal Revenue Service

ITIN Operation

P.O. Box 149342

Austin, TX 78714-9342


In the event you submit your application by mail, your original documents will be returned to you within 60 days and you do NOT need to provide a return envelope. Copied documents will not be returned to you. To avoid loss of original documents, the IRS suggests that certified copies should be used when submitting via mail. In the event you do submit original documents and they have not been returned to you within the 60 day period, you can contact the IRS to research the delay at 1-800-829-1040 if you are in the United States. If you are outside the United States, you can contact the IRS's overseas offices in Frankfurt, London, or Paris.

Submitting your ITIN application in person

This can be done by bringing your package of documents to any IRS Assistance Center in the United States or most such centers located abroad. Click here to see a list of these offices in the United States. Click here to see a listing of Assistance Centers located overseas.

Submitting your ITIN application through an IRS Acceptance Agent

You can also make application through an Acceptance Agent authorized for such purposes by the IRS. An IRS Acceptance Agent can help you complete and file the Form W-7 with the IRS.